Starting a college can be overwhelming. It is a whole new world!
Interestingly I used to think that once one enters the 20s , a carefree life welcomes you ahead.
I literally used to write this in my daily diary when I was 10 . . . but after having gone through college!
I realized that life was not as I thought . . . clearly not.
If you are dubious and wondering what to expect then this blog post has got you covered with all the essentials.
College is fun but not all fun!
There are certain things which if known before time then it serves the best.
Let’s dig in:
Also Here Are Some Related Massively-Transformative Resources You Will Ever Need.
1) First Semester Might Dump your expectations but . . .
The first year classes may seem all over the place.
But they will get better and major specific with time.
They will not be as engaging as you might have thought them to be.
So just know that engaging classes will come ahead. Don’t get disappointed.
#1 advice for new college students:
- Just know that engaging classes will come ahead. Don’t get disappointed.
2) Planning early
Remember to plan ahead. But do not get engaged with excessive planning. Just plan once in the starting.
I am not talking about everyday to do lists. I am referring to the semester plan.
You will have an academic year plan in your hand so set semester goals from the starting.
Get the most efficient way of achieving your goals through a proven productive system.
This is the best guide you will ever need in your career.
#2 advice for new college students:
- Get the most efficient way of achieving your goals through a proven productive system.
- This is the best guide you will ever need in your career.
3) Waking up early
Remember that in college you will lack motivation because nobody will be shouting in your ears for waking you up.
Yes, you do not have your mom close by.
Your professors simply do not care if you show up or not . . . you might get lucky if you get an awesome roommate who can be your alarm but that is not a popular case!
I will highly suggest you to make a productive timetable.
Your productivity depends on your routine.
We all have 24 hours but you can make most of them by investing in this guide for a successful life ahead.
#3 advice for new college students:
- I will highly suggest you to make a productive timetable.
- Your productivity depends on your routine.
- We all have 24 hours but you can make most of them by investing in this guide for a successful life ahead.
4) Studies & Fun run parallel
Get pro at time management since the start.
Remember that time management does not mean to dig yourself into the studies every day. It is the act of balancing out.
If you are spending a day out then you need to balance the time spent for fun while staying up in the library the next day!
If you really want to get pro at time management and boost your productivity to an insane level then learn from the experts a full proof way of succeeding in life.
#4 advice for new college students:
- If you really want to get pro at time management and boost your productivity to an insane level then learn from the experts a full proof way of succeeding in life.
5) You can’t do it all so prioritize.
I remember that when my college was starting out I had so much on my to-do list. I wanted to visit every galaxy!
I had aimed to join several clubs, lead a radio station and maintain grades etc.
After an overwhelming freshman year I realized that I sucked at prioritizing!
I learnt the hard way and affected my grades initially but i do not want you to do that.
Get a complete blueprint to make an efficient to-do list that actually works for your benefits.
Again I will advise you to learn from the experts because the harsh reality is that you can’t do it all.
#5 advice for new college students:
- Get a complete blueprint to make an efficient to-do list that actually works for your benefits.
- Again I will advise you to learn from the experts because the harsh reality is that you can’t do it all.
6) You will not get any special treatment
Professors in college will fail to acknowledge you when it is about the special treatment.
Even if your scholarship will be on stake, they will care less.
Even if you are just failing by 0.5, professors will care less . . .
do not expect anything from them no matter how many warm smiles of appreciation they pass on your during the lectures!
#6 advice for new college students:
- Do not expect anything from them no matter how many warm smiles of appreciation they pass on your during the lectures!
7) Who cares?
If you are too self conscious then you need to realize that no one truly cares.
Yes, the world does not revolve around you so you need to stop being hard on yourself.
By no one cares I mean that I stop being afraid of what others will think.
People would not judge you, your dressing or your grades.
Because honestly speaking, everyone gets caught up in their own shit that they hardly get time.
Nobody also cares about your future. Thus, you have to get independent and make your life.
#7 advice for new college students:
- Drill into your head that Nobody cares about your future. Thus, you have to get independent and make your life.
8) Adulting is not what you just thought of
With adulting comes all new responsibilities like bills and other payments.
#8 advice for new college students:
- Own every task from day 1 to avoid the hassle later.
9) It is okay to be perfectly imperfect
It is okay if you do not get perfect grades, perfect vision or perfect friends in the start.
#9 advice for new college students:
- Know Things will take time.
10) Mission of making friends
I have been growing up by listening that one can only make true friends only at school.
Have you also heard that college is not an ideal place to find true friendship?
Or that people are only your friends there for selfish reasons?
If yes, then let me counter this very fact by sharing my own experience.
You can get great friends in university. It might just take more time. But you will.
I miss my seniors . . . i am cherishing some great relations AND you can too. Just be kind and helpful . . .
#10 advice for new college students:
- Know It requires a bit of effort to prove your sincerity in college and nothing else!
11) Asking for help is alright
Take help whenever you need one .
Trust me you will not get answers staring at the dorm ceiling!
#11 advice for new college students:
- Remember If re-reading or revising is not helping then do not shy away from sorting your concepts instantly, as piled up stuff would not lead you anywhere.
12) Real Learning starts outside
Me and my friend were joking around the other day and discussing the education we were receiving in college.
#12 advice for new college students:
- Know that life is the best teacher . . . Remember you will not learn everything in college. You will have to find your ways.
13) Challenge and try out new things.
Doing the same things will yield the same results.
So try something new for growing up. The last thing you want to be is remaining stagnant.
#13 advice for new college students:
- Go out of the way to try new things.
14) Will things go according to plan? No.
If I talk about myself then my long term goal was fixed but the short term goal kept swinging . . . these short ones will change so do not hesitate and they will change for the better.
#14 advice for new college students:
- You will have a constantly changing plan. So be ready for it.
15) Don’t fret about your major
Major!!! This is the point of an extreme resonance!
If you have an undecided major then do not obsess over it.
Tapping my tale:
I had decided my major and studied computer science in the freshmen year but then switched to communication and design in the sophomore year!
Completely different school. So it’s okay to take time.
#15 advice for new college students:
- Remember girl, you will figure out things gradually.
16) Approach your RA
I have forgotten the count I had eaten at the head of my RA for discrete mathematics.
I literally used to catch him near corridors and sit on stairs to solve problems.
I even did not care about his timings!
#16 advice for new college students:
- So do not hesitate girl and stick till things are crystal clear.
17) Just get started girl
Stop planning and get things done.
I always talk about the behavior of our mind in this blog.
Whenever you need to get started with something new, your mind will show reluctance.
Because it will have to make new patterns and connections and it is afraid of that (the fear of procrastination) So know that any assignment, meeting or project is only hard until you start it.
#17 advice for new college students:
- So stop planning and get things done.
- check this productivity bundle.
Know that you will get through! You can do this!
Before you go Know This Secret:
You need to become a high performer.
Because if you study high performers in any field.
You will find that all achievers had a super productive morning routine in common.
Prepare yourself for the productive routine.
If you are asking yourself that why you need to become more productive then the answer is :
Because you deserve success in your career, and health in your lovely relationships.
If you want to live more intentionally then do check this productivity bundle.
Tell me your thoughts!
My favorite FREEBIES for you